I am able to combine medical knowledge with expertise in writing and editing.
I have experience in clinical medicine, medical teaching and medical writing.
Through specialising in Emergency Medicine, I have a broad generalist’s knowledge of all aspects of medicine, surgery and psychiatry. I have been trained to interrogate, research and document information accurately and concisely.
Medical writing services:
- Patient information
- Web content
- Clinical expert reports
- Clinical pathways
- Informed consent forms
- Presentations including powerpoint or posters
- Journal manuscripts
- Literature reviews
I am able to write for the general public; for example:
- public educational presentations
- patient information pamphlets.
I can also write highly technical medical language; for example:
- specialised medical text
- journal articles.
Special interest areas:
- alcohol and recreational drug misuse especially:
- gamma-hydroxy butyrate ‘GHB’
- ecstasy and related drugs ‘ERDS’ or ‘party drugs’
- acute behavioural disturbance
I have had broad experience in other areas of medicine, including:
- Critical care, resuscitation and anaesthesia
- Trauma and injuries
- Indigenous Health
- Medical ethics
- Professional background as a specialist in Emergency Medicine
- Medical writing and editing work at Mi-tec Medical Publishing—producing comprehensive patient information pamphlets
- Experience in higher education, teaching university students up to specialists in continuing medical education (CME)
- Meticulous practices, high quality work
- Punctuality and reliability
If you think that my skills and knowledge can benefit your project or manuscript, please contact me to discuss.
Please be advised that I will not write promotional or sponsored material for pharmaceutical or other product marketing.